1. The wonderful fruit apple actually gives you a lot more energy than a cup of coffee. The coffee snobs may not actually want you to believe it, but it is definitely true. If you are actually low on energy, especially in the afternoon, you should definitely consider eating an apple, instead of gulping a cup of coffee. Because of the high amount of carbohydrates, fibre and vitamin C, and Apple is definitely perfect and a very healthy option. It will help you stay energised for the rest of the day.
2. Brussels sprouts may actually be one of the most hated vegetables in humankind time on earth, but it is also one among the most nutritious vegetables out there. It is packed full of minerals, vitamins and more. It has virtually no calories, no cholesterol and no fat at all. It is also something that fills you up. That is why, Brussels sprouts should definitely be consumed by you regularly.
3. Pistachios are actually fruits. Another unbelievable yet very true fact is that pistachios are not nuts, but they are fruits. They are actually the seeds of a fruit. Like other nuts, pistachios are a very rich source of fibre, protein, minerals, vitamins and more. They help people when it comes to the management of weight and also protection against diabetes and hypertension. It is also something that improves digestion. It helps lowering the BP as well.
4. Caesar salad did not originate in Rome, Italy, but it actually originated in a Mexican city. I am sure you did not know this. The Caesar salad started out in a Mexican town called Tijuana. Another very weird fact that I am sure a lot of people don’t know about is that Caesar dressing is actually supposed to be a vinaigrette. It is made by combining chopped garlic and anchovies into a bowl, and then, it is mixed with a raw egg. All oil is usually added in to the mixture after the remaining ingredients are added.
5. Avocados are actually a fruit. They are classified as a berry with a very large seed. They must be picked when matured so that they can ripen, which may actually take 1 to 2 weeks. In Mexico and Spain, avocados are actually called alligator pears because of their shape and because of their bumpy green skin. In India and China, they are referred to as butter fruits. They are very healthy and very good for you. They are also an incredible source of vitamin E, K, C and B.
6. Nobody actually knows where hot dogs originated from.
7. Drinking enough water every day can help you lose some weight, because it helps reduce water weight. It also reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease, because it keeps flushing out toxins out of your body. Keeping your body properly hydrated will also help reduce cavities and tooth decay.